Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two Phrases

These were photos done for a photography assignment, in which we were assigned one cliché phrase, and one phrase comprised of two words from other phrases.

The cliché phrase I got was "Prima Donna."
Take my coat.

"Prima Donna"

These are my two favorites to exemplify the phrase, but I included others from the series as well.
Here's a link to the set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24009972@N08/sets/72157622859360734/

The model was a fantastic friend, and the location: the Jefferson Hotel. Her suggestion, and it was an AMAZING one! I'm so glad she suggested it, and thankful for her posing and ability to stay in character. : ] She coached me to be more like a director, told me to stop saying "if that's ok.." because it's my shoot! I should take hold of it! And that attitude really helped- especially with the next shoot!

The jumbled phrase I got was "Freudian Love."
"Freudian Love"
I illustrated Freud's theory of the "Oedipus Complex..." and it was more than a little awkward to shoot... XD I'm so happy, though, that this photo came out pretty much exactly as I'd envisioned it, which is amazing. One of those rare occurences where things work out well!
I'm extremely thankful to everyone for their time on this, and to the "girl" model especially, whose SLR I used. XD I couldn't have gotten the shot without any of them. Also, thanks to the Scott House on campus, who were fantastic for letting us shoot there.
The portrait was photoshopped in, which wasn't as hard as I'd thought. Also, I really should have kept the girl in the same shirt. I thought that it'd be more realistic if she wasn't wearing the same one, but sometimes, for the sake of readability you need to sacrifice realism... XD

No comments:

Post a Comment