Friday, October 30, 2009

More animation inspirations from the dregs of my Youtube Favorites. XD

A smattering of things from my youtube favorites.. : D


A piece of Jamie Hewlett's handiwork, by his Zombie Flesh Eaters studio, done for the BBC for the Olympics, containing his characters from "Monkey" - an opera version of the Chinese legend Journey to the West.
I REALLY love Hewlett's work - Gorillaz, especially, were an obsession in High school of mine, and a major contributing factor of how I got motivated to go to art school in the first place.

ALL of the videos for Demon Days were extremely important to me, but probably none can top the first (even though I think each has their strengths - El Manana being the most cinematic, I love the lighting in Dirty Harry, the dancing and humor in DARE.) But Feel Good Inc. was the one that started it all. I had so many theories around what this song meant, and Gorillaz in general ended up playing such a huge part in the development of my work, it's not even funny. XD


I like Disney too. XD You just CANNOT top their animation, pretty much.
This was from me re-discovering this movie, actually - I hadn't watched it a lot as a kid, and thus forgot all of the stuff that's in it. XD And I love Clopin~! The way he moves!
Here's hoping Disney gets back on top of it's 2D animation. If ANYONE doesn't know about this....

THEN SHAME ON YOU. XD
I'm pretty stoked there's going to be a 2D movie coming out soon, you don't even know. XD

MOAR OF MY CHILDHOOD!:

Batman was always captivating. I think, even as a grown-up, now, the visuals are striking, and the mood mature, the stories and characters intensely interesting... Kudos to these people!

Also, I'm a Hellsing fan. :D
The animation in the OVA's is top-notch, and keeps getting better. And also, they're gory and awesome. XD




Opening to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, an anime with a very dark sense of humor... :3


This is a trailer for a movie I haven's SEEN, but have great interest in seeing. XD Worked on by, god, I don't remember his name, but a guy from Gainax, with a crazy as shit looking story, and such colorful animation, and look at all the black shading!! The animation style is just really interesting and fun to watch.


(Currently, and probably for a LONG time..) My favorite anime movie. D:
Miyazaki aside, this is just... AMAZING. I LOVE this show, and the movie is like the show amped up to 11. Beautiful, dramatic, interesting... Best... movie.. ever. D:




This was an awesome looking trailer, but sadly, it's for a comic and not an animation. XD


Ok, this isn't really so much in the "animation" category as it is games, but it's just such a powerful piece, that I played the game before this one, it was that motivating. XD I looove the music. I think part of why I love animation so much is that music can go with images, just PERIOD. It is an amazing nexus of the two..



Ok, NOW, for those Tool videos that inspired this one animation I did for class... XD

The most MAJOR influence, this is just... awesome... on multiple levels. It reminded me a LOT of my story... because the main character could almost be the one singing... All of Maynard's music, singing, I associated with that character since practically the beginning.
The animation is amazing, the concept is haunting and very interesting... It's fostered an interest in stop motion for me, personally, because I love dolls so much... why not put them to work?



My other favorites, video-wise... :D

Ok, I think that's enough for now, don't you? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment