Monday, May 16, 2011

A Displaced Heart

Displaced Heart from Sarah Walker on Vimeo.



Final for my 3D Image and Movement class - made in Maya. I built the model, textured her using photographic textures I made myself (except for the one on the box, which is from Hibbary ), built the environment, and rigged an animated the model. There were quite a few challenges along the way, learning the program, and although Maya can be extremely counterintuitive at first, I'm really pleased with the finished result - what I can do with it.

I'd like to go back and fix the hair, which is an nCloth object, so that it doesn't collide as it does, and figure out a way for it to fall more properly. I'd also like to just play around with this character and her environment some more.

The title doesn't convey this quite right, but I'm not sure what would. This little character is a piece of unease and loneliness, it seems. She has no home.

Youtube link

No comments:

Post a Comment